Cambridge Main Street believes in small businesses and the difference they can make for our community. Our organization’s mission is focused squarely on the goal of drawing customer traffic to our downtown district.
Thinking about opening a shop, restaurant, or office in our downtown? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would love to help. Here are some of the ways Cambridge Main Street supports small businesses in our downtown.
- Send regular updates and downtown News, to 3,000 email recipients.
- Deliver one-page Weekend Roundup to area resorts, hotels and B&Bs.
- Prepare media releases publicizing upcoming events and news about downtown.
- Operate Facebook fan page with more than 6,000 “likes”.
- Maintain and update this website with free business listings
- Monthly Second Saturdays, 5-9 pm
- Summer Sendoff: Second Saturday of September
- Bushel Basket Christmas Tree, First Saturday of December
- The Taste of Cambridge: Second Saturday in July
Cambridge Main Street also delivers marketing and other support services to events run by individual businesses and organizations downtown. See the full downtown calendar of events here.
- Facilitate cooperative advertising by downtown businesses, often at discounted non-profit rates.
- Coordinate cooperative planning for holiday and other seasonal promotions.
Access to State Loans/Programs
The following state programs give priority attention to applications from businesses in Main Street districts like ours:
- Be Smart: Energy Efficiency Loans
- Neighborhood Business Works Loans
- Sustainable Communities Rehabilitiation Tax Credits
- Fresh Coat Cambridge: This ongoing effort began in June 2011
- Flowerpot and hanging basket program
- Streetscape cleanups
- Maintain traffic islands and parking areas
- Banners and holiday decor
- Downtown Wireless Network
- Façade Improvement Program (funding currently unavailable)